Soda Ash / 250 Gram
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Very fine soda for cleaning silver using the soda method or electrolysis. Because this soda is much finer than normal soda it dissolves more easily to make water for electrolysis. Also, the reaction with the soda method will be faster and easier. Packed in a handy jar
Instructions for use:
- For electrolysis mix about 3 – 5 tablespoons in 1 liter of water.
- Soda method (electrochemical reaction or chemical electrolysis):
– Cover a plastic or glass container with aluminium foil with the dull side facing up.
– Place the coin in the middle of the foil and add a scoop of soda. The coin should touch the foil.
– Pour hot or boiling water on top.
– Wait until it stops sparkling and then pour the water away in the sink. Do this carefully because if you spill it will cause white spots on wood, stone, marble and such.
– Check if the coin is clean or repeat the process. Black tarnish is usually easy to remove with a brush or:
– If necessary, rub the mint with chalk or baking soda.
Note: Resist the temptation to look directly at the top of the solution, because the chemical reaction releases hydrogen sulphide, a toxic gas that you wouldn’t want to inhale. Do the process in a well-ventilated room, under the hood or outside.
Always work safely when cleaning and preserving soil finds. Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection.
Sodium carbonate may cause skin and eye irritation. Wash hands thoroughly after use. IF IF IN EYES: Rinse gently with water for several minutes.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place and out of the reach of children.
High purity >99%.
Dry Soda (anhydrous, no lumps)